Saturday, October 16, 2010

The Mark that will be with me for the rest of my life....

The time that is always stressful, but yet, always fun for me....Nutcracker. It's been going pretty good so far. It's fun, but a lot of stress. Just trying to make it perfect. Earlier in rehearsal today, we were about to get ready for Snow Pas rehearsal. Before we started, my teacher Douglas said, "I really want to see you guys perform. We are all here for a reason....because you want to dance and you enjoy it otherwise we wouldn't be here. We want to make the audience happy. This is why I danced...not only I enjoyed dancing, but I wanted the audience to enjoy it as well....so they can go home and be amazed, while we go home, relax, and tell ourselves that it felt really good. We can fix the technical stuff, but when it comes to the performing, that's something me, Ethan, or even Mr. Conover can't fix. That is something you have to show. I want you guys to get your names out there; I want this for you guys. I want this to happen so I can bring my kid to see the company that you're in and perform." After that.......it made me cry during rehearsal. Now, for some of you, that is weird; and that's fine, take it however you want it to. But, what he said really got to me. It helped me remind myself why I am here and I am here for a reason. It even brought me back to the time when I first started dancing; the first time I got on stage.......I just remembering how being on that stage.....I never felt that happy in my entire life. I just remembered how I told myself...."this is what I want to do......I know that I will be a dancer."

No comments:

Post a Comment